Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So, here we are...

I've been meaning to do this for some time now.  But isn't that the way it always is? We "mean" to do things in our lives?  We "mean" to get the bathroom retiled... we "mean" to get the cat vaccinated... we "mean" to take better care of ourselves.  Well, now I am actually doing it!!

My name is Harry Klein... currently, I am unemployed after having worked with a big Corporation in NYC for over 9 years.  I was miserable with my life for close to the last 3 years of my employment... oh I could put on the happy face, I could get the job done (although my employer might argue that), I could make anyone believe that everything was a-okay... but inside I was a wreck!  I was depressed, unmotivated and believed that I had lost all control in my life. 


So, when my job ended, as many of you can relate, it wasn't so bad... unemployment was pretty cool at first: enjoy the summer, get jobs done around the house, drink beer during the daytime.  But now, I am getting the chance to step back and really look at my life, where I am now, where I have come from... and most importantly, where I am headed.

... oh, something you need to know about me: I use the triple dot indicator (...) all the time (it drives David nuts)...

So, here we are.  I am being given this opportunity to take stock, assess and address.  I know there has to be a greater purpose to why I'm on this planet and I intend to suss through all this stuff to try and sort it out.  I am not a religious person... so you don't have to worry about getting that stuffed down your throat.  But I am an "open" person who really wants to find the best that life has to offer. 

I am actively pursuing employment with jobs where I feel like my soul will be fueled.  I am trying to take steps to be a better person (whatever that means).  I am going to take better care of my physical body and my mental well-being.  And, if you're interested... I'll share it with you.  One promise I am going to make is that I will find a new "life gift" each and every day and post it. 

Y'all, looking this over... it reads so airy-fairy... I'm not that guy!!!  I'm new to this... I'll be as blunt and honest as I can... I will not get wrapped up in shoulda-woulda-coulda's... I will try my hardest to not be judgemental... and maybe I'll learn something worthwhile in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment