Friday, September 9, 2011

Today, I did the unthinkable...

I am sitting here in shock...

I cannot believe I actually did it...

This was truly one of the most difficult things I have ever done in my life...

Today, I did the unthinkable...

Today, I baked a Heath Bar Chocolate Cake WITHOUT licking the batter from the beaters, bowl or spoon. 



Now, some of you may have expected something a little more... like, I single-handedly took down our 50 year old oak, or I scrubbed clean the baboon pen at Turtleback Zoo or I swam the Hudson from Hoboken to the West Village (which by the way... eeewwww!).  But for me... this was HUGE!

Anyone who knows me knows that sweets are my weakness... well, along with salty snacks... and savory snacks... well, and then there's cheese... and sushi... ok... OK... I have a problem, I get it!  But anyway, I LOVE me my chocolate... and this batter was so rich and creamy.  Of course it wouldn't fall off of the beaters back into the bowl, nor did it come off of the spoon after I spread the batter into the pan.  It teased me by simply remaining there... and we all know the only way to get it off is to lick it!  It killed me... IT KILLED ME... to dunk those utensils into my sink, under the water, and wash them clean!  Then, to make matters worse... this recipe calls for crushed HEATH BARS... about my favorite candy out there (after Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!).  I had to unwrap 47 individual mini bars and crush them.  Here's the thing... NO ONE would have known if I had just snuck one!!!  They were so small, it wouldn't have hurt to have eaten just one?!!

But I didn't... I got through the process... nibbling on grapes (of all things... grapes, really??!!)... and the cake is cooling on the bottom shelf of my refrigerator.  Now why would I put myself through this hell you may ask?  Well... in the effort to make myself more complete... I am attending our neighborhood block party tomorrow, where I can meet and socialize with people who live on my street whom I have never met before.  Yes... I am paying $10 to attend a block party where I can't eat the food, drink the beer, or even enjoy the god damn dessert that I am bringing to the table!  But that's okay... because at the end of the day... I will come through this as a better person!

... thank God I'm not employed while doing this cleanse!!!!

7 comments:

  1. God, I love you and your Purpose! So proud of you, you hear? SO PROUD! Artie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry you're awesome! Reading this gave me a much needed outloud laugh and a smile on my face!
    Have fun at that block party!

    {ps I bought a tub of CC cookies to scoop and bake from Sams today and seriously considered if raw dough right out of the tub was a legit 'lunch'.}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it and love you. You are my inspiration. I have stopped smoking (yes I fell off wagon) back on my dietary restrictions and really reducing alcohol consumption in an attempt to be healthier. you only get one of you, right? Keep being the wind beneath my wings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. L.B., you enjoy that cookie dough... there's nothing better at 1:00pm while watching a BRAVO marathon of Millionare Matchmaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Rachel... you go Gir' !!!! It's only through the support of our friends that miracles can happen (and we can trudge through the lack of booze together!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a better man than me my Dear! I am inspired, though to start a mega diet...now and get super healthy and drop the lb's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shells, you be strong... I have faith in you!! You know I support you 100%... no mattwer what!

    ReplyDelete